Writing prompts for your writing slump.
Whether it’s a blog that needs running or a journal that needs filling. Whether it’s a short story you’d like to write or a novel that is lacking something. Here’s a list of writing prompts to help you out of a writing slump.
- Date. Any date. ( And why that date)
- If you were a book what book would you be?
- If everyone you knew were a song decide what song would they be. ( And why?)
- The sad golden man and his 7 trophies.
- A myth that I read somewhere: your face in this life is the face of the person you loved the most in a past life. A face you loved enough to ask for, again. But in this life we all hate what we look like.
- Things that make you sad ( vent, vent, vent)
- A story you keep trying to write but it just doesn’t happen.
- Words from the oldest poem you remember writing
- Lights out. 11 something in the night. It’s a run away bus. But you’re staying this time.
- “King of the Hill, I want to see you at your worst now.”
- First memory you have of being treated like an adult.
- Write a fight scene. Bring out the guns and the swords and the frying pans. Make it bloody. So long as you don’t forget to write about the thoughts.
- Write about a photograph you took of someone that isn’t around anymore.
- Write about the future. An anxious future. A prosperous future. However you see it.
- Write about a book that everyone hates but you really don’t see why.
- Write a crime fiction piece with the theme: colors.
- Make a to do list of impossible things (for you).
- Do you know about the Japanese myth of Bake Kujira? It is basically a dead animal (in the form of skeleton or a carcass) showing up as a sign of bad luck where once the appearance of a living one was good luck. Think dystopian fiction: all the endangered species that we know deserved better but are finished off now, show up in different parts of the world to give mankind a taste of extinction.
Lets make this tradition.
First of all If these writing prompts inspired you to write something and make a move out of your writing slump, please share (the excerpts or the entire thing) it in the comments and I’ll randomly pick a few to get featured on the blog.
Secondly, for that writing slump of yours there’s more here
Lastly, let me let me know in the comments below if you’d like me to share more writing prompts.